That first week………
Or should I say day after i disposed of the TV and play station I must admit I said to myself WHAT NOW!!!!!
I remember lying on the couch for about 30 minutes just browsing on my phone. BUt thankfully it didnt take long to “SNAP” out of it and say to myself THIS IS NOT THE REASON I DID THIS!!!
I immediately got changed and went for an hour walk. I cleared my head and thought of ideas. Ideas of what I was going to replace my time with? Soon enough, I started to create a routine.
My Routine…. And it could be yours too
This is my routine in a round about way –
- I get up at 5am, get changed and go for a walk in the morning. It immediately relaxes me and gets the brain going straight away. You wake up pretty quickly also as the body is moving.
- I cook – not the quick 15 minute meals but I love dedicating the time to preparing really good food. For e.g I cooked a two kilo pork, roasted sweet potato, ‘Julien carrots, Asparagus marinated in olive oil and herbs (HUNGRY NOW?)
- Whilst Ironing (which I unashamedly love doing LOL) I tune into my Tim Ferris podcasts at the same time.
- Projects – Im currently finishing my ‘100 Dreams’ dream board which will fill the space where my TV was
- THIS Blog instead of Netflix.
I think you get my point right now. I created time, time for the things I love doing (however boring to some people that may be), to be more productive with that time, and going to bed knowing that I have achieved some daily goals of mine.
It is not EASY…….
Now It may sound like I make this look easy…. ITS NOT. My biggest challenge is procrastination. I am a terrible procrastinator!!!!! But I continue to work on this over the last six months. The key has been a daily goals list, and also replacing my downtime with reading on my kindle and incorporating an activity whilst listening to a blog that I need to get done.
But my biggest achievement so far….
Is MINDSET!!!! Changing the way I think, always telling myself what I can get out of today? (Six months ago I probably would not have booked a spontaneous trip to Cairns for a weekend)
Lastly, If your’e thinking about making change, have a plan, and have a goal/s. It really is the key to your next journey. And last of all BE PATIENT, BE RESILIENT, AND STICK TO IT!!!!
Because the results are AMAZING.